as the guest editors of forthcoming Special Issue titled “Plants as Source of Promising Lead Compounds for the Development of Therapeutic Agents against Multidrug-Resistance (MDR)” we are pleased to invite you to contribute with an original research article or a review article, to be published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
The development of resistance in cancer and bacterial infections leads to the search of drugs with greater efficacy and specificity. Plants still play a major role as source of drug candidates and chemical skeletons for lead optimisation procedures. Therefore, there is an urgent need to explore and investigate this resource and its metabolites.
The objective of this Special Issue is to offer academia, industrial pharmacologists, technologists and users from different disciplines information to gain knowledge of this multifaceted field.
We welcome articles on following topics, but not limited to:
- Identification of compounds obtained from plantswith inhibitory activity against multidrug-resistant (MDR) bacteria and/or cancer.
- In vitroscreening of an important number of plant extracts with inhibitory activity against MDR bacteria and/or cancer.
- In vivo models fortesting plant-derived products with inhibitory activity against MDR bacteria and/or cancer.
- Mechanisms of action of plant-derived compounds active against bacteria and cancer cells with MDR phenotypes
- Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD) as virtual tool for screening and prediction of bioactive compounds against MDR bacteria and/or cancer.
- Evaluation of synergy among bioactive chemical compounds (plant-derived or synthetic) against MDR cells
You can find the Call for Papers at https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/si/282049/cfp/ For further details on the submission process, please see the journal’s author guidelinesat the journal website https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/guidelines/
You can submit your valuable article on or before 27 July 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Prof. María Cecilia Carpinella, PhD. Lead Guest Editor
Prof. Constantinos Athanassopoulos, PhD. Guest Editor.
Prof. Fotini Lamari, PhD. Guest Editor.
Prof. Farid A. Badria, PhD. Guest Editor.
The International Natural Product Sciences Taskforce (INPST) maintains up-to-date lists with conferences, grants and funding opportunities, jobs and open positions, and journal special issues with relevance for the area of phytochemistry and food chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy research, and natural product science.
Keywords: MDR, inhibitory activity against mdr, bacteria, multidrug-resistant (MDR) bacteria and/or cancer.